This delicious recipe makes 3 Christmas puddings, or one larger and one smaller.
- 140g Craggs & Co White Spelt Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140g breadcrumbs
- 170g grated suet
- 3 eggs
- 1 level tbsp of mixed spice
- 1 dessertspoon of marmalade
- The rind and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp of brandy, rum, beer or milk
- 115g moist sugar
- 1 small tsp nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 medium apples, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- Fruit: 220g sultanas, 220g currents, 220g raisins,110g cherries 60g mixed peel
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the beaten egg and the spirits.
- Mix well, and then put into a greased bowl.
- Slowly steam for around 5 hours (or according to the size of the pudding.) If you are using an Aga, you can bring to boil in the top and then leave in the bottom overnight.
- After taking your cake out of the oven, while it is still hot you can skewer the top all over and spoon over a few tablespoons of cherry brandy. This process can be repeated every week or so up until you’re ready to ice your Christmas cake, and will help keep it deliciously moist! (Orange or apple juice can be used as a non-alcoholic version too).
- Serve with brandy butter and enjoy!
Christmas Addition: Wrap up some 5p pieces in silver foil and add to your mixture for luck! (Make sure to warn those eating it first! )