300g dark rye flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon honey
30g softened butter
1 large egg
Seeds to top - such as sesame, poppy, caraway
1. Pre heat oven to 200c
2. Put the flour in a large bowl and add the salt, baking powder, fennel seeds, honey and butter.
3. Mix thoroughly, then slowly add 175ml water, stir until you have a soft dough.
4. Generously flour the work surface and turn out the dough. Roll thinly.
4. Cut out 20cm rounds - you should get 6 - 8 rounds. Then cut a small hole in the middle.
5. Place on 3 baking trays and prick the crispbread all over with a fork.
6. For the topping, whisk the egg white with 1 tablespoon of water and brush over the crispbreads. Sprinkle with a choice of seeds
and press down lightly.
5. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Don't worry if the dough is a bit sticky at first, it will be fine once you start rolling.